TAG | wrapskirt
Finally I managed to finish and make some new things again: a bookcover, 3 bracelets and while watching a movie yesterday evening 10 little angels, still need to needle felt a little on them and add a necklace.
But the most happy I am with the fact the wrap skirt on a saree which was laying on my table for more than 3 weeks is now finished.
Side A the fabric side and side B the wool side
Now doubting to keep it for my self or sell it and if I sell it how much to ask for it? It is a truly unique piece.....
Meg made some pictures of me wearing it, but my camera is still broken, need a new one so some pictures aren't as sharp as I wished they were. Now what to make next another wrapskirt???
Hmm Maybee I better first finish these sweet angels .
My 4th wrap skirt is done and pictured Yes!!
The first one was made in a workshop from Mari Naghi, second was for my daughter, 3rd one ended up to short for an adult so also a children skirt, and this one even fits me
What shall I do with it? Keep it for myself or sell it in my shop?
tighten the cords around your waist and you have a very comfortable drape/ coat which holds the cold aways from you upper body. So cosy in this time of year
it can also be worn as a skirt.. my dress doll had small hips so much overlapping…
And if I sell, what to ask? It is reversible and I worked 4-5 hours on it… What would you say?
Happy stats, not per day but as an overview.
* the pumpkin arrangements I made with 2 groups of students turned out super!
* the Indian food I cooked tasted wonderful, even my kids wanted to have more
* found time and energy to tidy all my felts back into the house after displaying them outside.
* got many compliments of the funeral piece I made the week before.
* Two weeks ago I started to make some new bandami felted wrap skirts… wanting them to be finished by the time I had my Open House exhibition. I cut the saree´s I bought in India and started to lay the wool out…. wetted the wool, rolled it up and decided to lay out a second one … I got never finished before the open house and I really needed to get it finished as the wool inside was already wet… fearing it would start to rotten away.
So finally yesterday I wetted the last part and started rolling it. Now one is finished and the other one just needs some more rolling and it will be ready too!! This one is the first one I laid out, it is too short for an adult, but for kids it will be perfect. Soo happy to have it finished!!
The fabric side
the wool side.
* the party we went to yesterday at our neigbours place… came back very very late (or early) wonderful to see we have such nice contacts with our street members
* for today I am happy I can relax and take it easy…. hihihihi