CAT | revieuws week / weekends
I am always amazed by how fast a year goes by… last year we were in Sweden and when I came back from that vacation I felt like I was drifting away from a shore, sitting in a boat with no peddles… not knowing where to go with my life… no direction, no clue, not easy…
But then I decided to follow my intuition more and more and the result was
- I went back to my teaching job,
- made my shop official and got published in a magazine called`Linda Mode`,
- started Facebook, met Terriea Kwong coming all the way from Hong Kong here in my place
- the Holly Communion of my youngest daughter
- felted a lot participated at felting workshops in Bonn (Germany), Amsterdam and sold at fairs
- I think one of my higlights was my journey to India all alone and the first time outside Europe.
The feelings of all these experiences cannot be told and are in my heart forever. One of the things I also learned last year was to set boundaries but also goals and believe in them… they will come out!!
In November I thought my felting business was dead, but then in December I sold more then I could imagine a special order to be send to Los Angeles, 200 little soaps, 2 Christmas fairs. The Pecha Kucha presentation of 20 pictures with per picture 20 seconds……. There were many more great things in 2011, but my post would be endless So I’d better stop. you can read all about it when you scroll back in my blog….
I just hope my business keeps on growing. I like the orders and giving workshops. Maybe there is even a workshop for you!! Please take a look.
Yesterday I started making my last piece of felt in 2011 and it was this:
a baby blanket with two different sides one is in aubergine with a heart and the other side soft green. I’ll soon list it in my shop and hope there will be many more new things listed in my shop in 2012
I want to wish you all Happy new year , in good health and creativity. May all you dreams come true and thank you for following me, till next year!
As many of you know I also love sharing my felting experiences in workshops. Last week we had autumn break at work and suddenly this week was filled with felting Mostly in the evenings as I also did nice things with my children.
Monday I felted 2 hats. (the other side of the first hat can be seen here )
Tuesday I started felting 2 scarfs
Wednesday I felted new Christmas trees
Thursday I helped 2 ladies making a vest and a blanket
Friday 2 students came and they made pencil holders and gloves I myself started working on new soaps
Saturday I had 2 ladies making a wraphat and I now feel like making some of them for shop (or myself? ) too….
Hmm what does this say about me??? Well anyway tomorrow I’ll try to stay away from my studio and do some more fun things with my kids….. Last day of our autumn break… Tomorrow we will have wintertime and our clock moves one hour back .Dark mornings and evenings
Enjoy your weekend!!
Ps, If you also want to make something from felt, just contact me and we can also make a private appointment if the data I planned are not suitable for you.
It is summertime and although the weather is more like autumn, I happen to have many happy moments last week.
Best of all my youngest daughter turned 8 on thursday July 14th, unbelievable she is 8 already.. how fast time flies. I recall her birthday like it was yesterday. A super hot day it was, temperatures of 28 C, but inside the house it was nice, and the labour went fine too.
We had her birthday party 2 days before her birthday and how lucky we were by doing so!! Tuesday we had great warm weather, which the kids of course loved while walking the bare feet path and as they could go for a `dive `in our little swimming pool although it started raining
Yesterday (Friday) we went to a wildpark in Gangelt, Germany, walked in the Forrest and the kids gave the deers and goats and all the other animals some special food, which they really loved. Afterwards I was able to buy a secondhand notebook to take along to my trip to India and wile driving back home we came across a wonderful field filled with sunflowers, cornflowers and poppies…. as far as the eye could see… so beautiful and rare here in our area. We stopped and we walked a long way into that flied as many sunflowers were already picked. Kids started to play hide and seek and I really love standing in between a flied of flowers. Reminded me of my childhood when we also played in the fields surrounding our house….
We all picked a bunch of flowers to take along they looked like this the morning after we picked them:
and meanwhile I also managed to make some felt:
hope you can find many happy moments too this summertime!
It has been a while since I had a weekly happty stats. Not that no happy things happened, I guess I was just to bussy with getting back to work the extra events we had there and my felting thing.
Last week I had vacation and I am happy for:
- the beautyfull weather we had felt, and still feels, like summer already
- the Art fair I partcipated at in Sittard. Talked to really nice people
- the visit we made to my sister and our new nephew livng in Den Haag and since that place is so close to the sea we also went to pay it a visit too.
- the good new I had about my felted bottle being accepted for a “designsupermarket” upcoming thursday and friday in Heerlen. Might see you there?
- The fun I had with my own kids having also vacation
- The nice meeting with Mariana and Mitsy
- 7 very happy faces of kids whom came to felt a keychainholder for mothersday
And on top on that this is what really made me smile all day long:
But saying Ik hou van jou mama = I love you Mommy
Will treasure it forever
Hope you also had many happy moments last week, makes a life so much easier
I have not been blogging about this theme for a long time, not that no happy things happened to me, but I just didn’t have energy for noticing it. But it looks like I have many happy things to share:
Starting with last friday, I went by bike (30 minutes cycling) on my own to the beautyfull city Maastricht. It Felt so right.. no kids, no husband just me and my plans one of them was to visit a very old lady whom I used to work for when I was 14 yrs old. She and her husband used to have a pattisserie (bakery) I have always been visiting and helping them out ever since I left there for my study in another city. Two years ago I heard her husband was ill and I offered them to drive and go to the docter etc. soon after that appointment he passed away and I visited her as much as possible. It was last november since I was at her place so I really wanted to visit her on friday. But I’ll try and keep my happy stat short so here it goes:
- walking in a city like Maastricht early and all people ( mostly men) said goodmorning to me? This gave me such a special feeling , I think just what I needed
- walking in streets I used to cycle through when I was a teenager… felt young and free again
- a nice visit to the old lady
- the performance of my oldest daughter at school, gosh she has grown up…. I can recal the first time she stood up on that stage there being a 4 yr old…
Saturday’s happy stats:
- I cycled back to Maastricht with my daughter to participate in a FLASHMOB: another great experience. Meg was a little shy, but she loved being with me and watching the others..
- the warm shower I had at home because we were soaked…
Now for today:
- Dawn’s nice comment and reaction to my previous post made me smile
- a phonecall I got from a shopholder I talked with Friday; she is clearing up her hat making stuff… Thursday I am the first one to have a look on what she has (hatblocks, hatmaterials, beads, fabrics, etc..
- the broken branch of a cherry tree I spotted today on a pavement… I went back and cutted it smaller to add in my vase. One part is inside now, the other still outside, leaving them there, till the first part has bloom.. … double luck I ‘d call that, hihihi
Hope you had a wonderfull weekend too and also many happy stats!!
I’ll post pictures of these branches with flowers, but It will probably take a while before they bloom. Thanks for reading .